We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to being transparent with how we use your information. As you use our website, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
The information we collect
Blog Helpline (hereafter “we” or “us”) collects information we get from your use of our website to provide better service to our users and to improve our business.
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. For example, we may collect data on when you visit different parts of our site, and what selections you make while on the website. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as:
- Log information When you view content provided by us, or use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include: details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries; mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device; internet protocol (IP) address; device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account; browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
- Device information We may collect device-specific information–such as your operating system version, hardware device, and unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site. We may also collect and utilize geo-location features on your mobile device to identify your location and to provide content and/or advertisements that relate to your location.
- Additional information you voluntarily provide to leave comments In order to leave comments on our site, we will also ask you to create a profile, by which we will collect your first name, last name, email address and ask you to create a screen name. When you make comments on our site, your screen name will appear. Also, you may provide us with additional information, such as an address or phone number, when you sign up for one of our conferences.
- Social media logins If you utilize a social media login and password to access our site in lieu of creating a profile with a unique login and password, we will utilize your social media account login information to access those parts of our site that require a profile (for example, to leave comments).
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our website and services. We may use this information to help develop new services and offerings, and to protect us and our users. We may also use this information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
If you access our site using your social media account instead of a profile created through our site, your name related to any comments that you post will be displayed as it is displayed in your social media account. We do not access any other information from your social media account, and we do not post or share anything through your social media account.
If you sign up for one of our conferences and provide us with additional information, such as an address or a phone number, you will be given the option to store that information to populate future signups. You do not need to consent to having us store your information. If you do consent, it will be used to speed up future signups.
We use aggregated and demographic information to support our advertising needs so we can continue to provide many services for free.
We never disclose your personally identifiable information to these parties, unless you consent.
If we provide you with any mailings or other communication, you can always opt out of that communication.
If you have created a profile on our site for any reason, including to leave comments, you may log onto your profile and modify the way in which your information is collected and shared.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. You have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please delete your re/code account. If you have any problems or questions, please let us know by contacting us here email@example.com and we will assist you with the process of deleting your account. For security purposes will not process any deletion requests via email.
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information in your account. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
The information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your permission: We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals only if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners such as business with have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. However no website is entirely secure. You should protect the account information in your possession as well.
Our website and associated services are hosted in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and you are consenting to such processing and storage.
Changes + Updates