Whenever I do watching posters, I would look deep into the TEXT in them. How they are meant to be so attractive? They add Gradient, borders which made TEXT, full of attractions. After of all I have to admit to you, I am not an expert in Photoshop. I do practicing them and out of interest here I share few tutorials with my experience. Here, I want to share my knowledge over TEXT designing using Photoshop. Later, using Photoshop I came to understand that I have to make use of Gradient option to make my TEXT more rich and attractive.
How to add Gradient to your TEXT using Photoshop
- For the attractive TEXT, you need rich and attractive FONTS. Have a look at this website to get some good looking FONTS.
- Go to Photoshop, Create New File → Fix your Photo size.
- Click the button at the right side bar in your Photoshop. After initializing the Text type Tool, start typing your TEXT in the Photo Layer.
- As like Microsoft Word Document, you can edit your TEXT in multiple ways. Sorry!! Did I said multiple ways? Nope. You are allowed to mess up your text with more layer styles.
- Get into the Layers Section, you can add more styles using, “Layer style“.
- Click the icon just below the Layer section. Here are the list of styles/options to add effects to your TEXT. Tick the Gradient Overlay, to Open the Gradient Options.
- There will be available Presets, pick your choice to add gradient your TEXT. You can also create a new Gradient using Gradient Editor.
- We got the choice to Adjust Opacity, Gradient with Reverse Option, Angle, Scale and Align with Layer. So, its up-to you to edit your TEXT now.
Steps to create a New Gradient in Photoshop
- If you want to create a New Gradient, click any preset. Tap the pen mark on the Gradient twice to open the Color Palette. Choose your Color.
- Adjust the Smoothness by percentage.
- Choose the Gradient Type, either Solid (or) Noise.
- Atlast, don’t forget to hit “SAVE” button to save your new Gradient.